Saturday, April 16, 2005

Windows and Exchange Connections 2005 - Oct 31 - Nov 3, 2005

Someone told me today tha TechEd 2005 in Orlando is sold out! That is great that it has sold out since it demostrates our desire for continually updating our technical skills. And, let's face it. In the IT industry, you never stop learning new things. Unfortunately, I'm swamped and in the middle of two projects right now and won't be able to go to TechEd this year.

Anyway, that being said, I am going to be at the Windows and Exchange Connections 2005 conference (October 31 - November 3) in San Diego (one of my favorite cities!). Not only am I going to be there, but I'm going to be presenting! Here are the sessions on which I am working.

  • Full-Day Pre-Conference Session on October 31 (Monday) - Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Migration Essentials (Tools, methods, dangers, case studies)
  • A 70 minute session on Exchange 2003 and RPC over HTTP
  • A 70 minute session on Disaster Recovery and case studies
  • 1/2 Day Post-Conference Session (Friday) - Exchange 2003 Clustering quandries and personal experiences

And, in addition to me, people like Paul Robichaux, Mark Russonovich, Kieran McCorry, Mark Minasi, Dan Holme, Tony Redmond, and others will be there.

While this conference is not as huge as TechEd, I think this is a good thing. That means that attendees get face time with both vendors/exhibitors and people like Mark Minasi and Tony Redmond. Something that is impossible to get at conferences like TechEd. Of course, someone like me, getting face time is easy since no one much knows who I am. :-)

Plus, the content of the sessions is much more focused towards a technical audience with less (or no) marketing and vendor-based content. I hate sessions where the first 20 minutes of the session is spent talking about a company or specific product that does not relate to the session.

As I get more information, I'll post it here. Suggestions on my topics are ALWAYS welcome.

2 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Blogger Teo De Las Heras said...

Jim,

Any chance that you'll post the slides from your presentation either here or on www.somorita.com?

Teo

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Jim McBee said...

Sure. I'll post outlines of my sessions sometime in the next couple of months. After the conference, I'll post the slides and notes as long as it is okay with the conference folks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home