Thursday, August 31, 2006

Certifcates necessary for Windows Mobile 5 and earlier when using the GoDaddy CA

If you are like me, you like cheap SSL certs! And GoDaddy delivers! The problem is that the certificate authority that GoDaddy uses is not installed by default on the Windows Mobile 2002, 2003, and 5 devices. This means you need to install those certificates on each of those mobile devices. A number of my customers are using GoDaddy certs and I was tired of digging the certs up each time, so here they are! Take a look at this this artile on Daniel Petri's web site: "How can I add a Root Certificate to my Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC?"

6 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, Blogger lordoftheping said...

hello,
you are a bit wrong. Go daddy cert are included in windows mobile 5 with the security pack.
It works great on our mobiles (SPV C600, M3000 (orange qtek))

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger lordoftheping said...

just to be explicit:
https://partner.microsoft.com/global/partner/40027352


regards,

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Jim McBee said...

Yep, I knew that, I should have been more specific.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger lordoftheping said...

nevertheless, you blog is really great !
Reading it quite everyday gave me the envy to create my own

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jim McBee said...

Your blog is really nice. Good information. That is why I started mine. Just to give me a place to "dump" useful information I had learned (often the hard way) and to sometimes make humorous commentary.

You are in Paris? I think Paris is probably the greatest city in the world. Been there twice this year and loved every single minute. I'll be passing through again in 2 weeks, but probably won't even have time to leave de Gaulle. E-mail me (jim (at) cta.net) so that I have your e-mail address. I'm sure I'll be back in Paris next year.

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi

Are you able to provide a working link to godaddymobile.zip, unfortunatley the two you have listed dont appear to work.

thanks

Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home