Saturday, January 06, 2007

Offline Address Book Synchronization 0X8004010F error

I was debugging an offline address book problem for someone the other day. They have a fairly large organization with multiple routing groups. The Outlook clients were seeing the following errors in the synchronization logs:

8:47:29 Synchronizing Hierarchy
8:47:29 Done
8:47:29 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
8:47:29 0X8004010F

Microsoft KB article seems to apply:
You receive an 0x8004010F error message when you try to synchronize the offline address list on an Exchange Server 2003 server in Outlook 2003 -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905813

However, the KB article points to a misconfigured offline address book such as one that does not have any address lists in it.

I found that the users that were having this problem were in a routing group that did not have any public folder replicas of the offline address book files. Once we added the replicas for the Offline Address Book system folders, this problem went away.

2 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry this is harking back a bit, but could you be a bit more explicit about the steps you went through to resolve this error to help an Exch2007 newbie - I migrated from Exch 2003 -> 07 and all went well, apart from getting this error every hour on Outlook 2003 SP2. Thanks.

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was also facing this outlook error 0x8004010f when I try to receive emails. I didn’t find any solutions to fix this error. But when I use download scanpst.exe and install in my system and after completing scanning , this outlook error automatically removes and also fix other outlook problems.Thanks for solving my outlook problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home