Sunday, November 16, 2008

MagicJack and No Audio Devices found

A few days ago, I decided to move my MagicJack VOIP thingy from my laptop computer to another machine. The only machine in my home office that is up all the time is my server, though. I plugged the MagicJack in and it was immediately recognized and the software was installed. The phone could get a dialtone, but I could never successfully dial-out.

Each time I tried to dial, a dialog box on the computer popped up saying "no audio devices found no output/input devices are found". The other sympton was that on the MagicJack software menu, under Volume/Headset Control, the only option available was Headset/Other, not Telephone.

I finally figured it out. The soundcard drivers must be installed and the Telephony and Windows Audio Services must also be started.

4 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger spintwig said...

How is that MagicJack? It keeps coming across my path by either conversation or a subliminal background commercial. Don't know anyone first hand with one.

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure that the only problem is just the soundcard driver only? Try to call the Magic Jacks customer service to make sure about that problem. I've seen in this site that people can express their inside thoughts about Magic Jack.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Victor Osten said...

Protect your PC.
Are you searching for antispyware at an affordable price? Then look no further. I have the perfect solution for you. I have found a scan that works as well as Norton and other scans that are more expensive. If you are interested in learning more then you can go to www.orbasoft.com and see for yourself what the antispyware solution from Orbasoft has to offer. I’m sure that you will be very happy with Orbasoft Antispyware because I was and I have tried many different types of scans in the past. It’s a wonderful solution to that will help protect your PC.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger JC said...

Hi,

My company has a website where I have written a review about the magicJack. Our website ranks very high for magicJack related keywords on Google and I were wondering if you might be interested in linking to our page and I could return the favor to you. We visited your website/post regarding the magicJack and would love to do to this since we have highly related content. If not I would consider advertising as another option.

Please get back to me and let me know if you are interested or not.

My site is a top 25,000 site on the Internet and was regard as one of the top sources for information regarding the digital transition. It has been endorsed my numerous organizations, news websites, and even a U.S. Senator.

Thanks!
Jesse
trackstar2683@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home